New versions of lingerie are released every season. Normally they are simply a slightly different design on what is already available.
A variation of colors or materials on the existing design. The wonderbra changed this. It was the first patent for the wonderbra was in 1935.
The wonderbra is a design of a push-up under-wire bra that has helped bra sales boom since the 1960s. Taking over girdles and corsets.
The Wonderbra Push-Up Plunge Bra, had 54 design elements that lifted and supported the bust to create dramatic cleavage.
The wonderbra has not changed dramatically since 1961, when Model 1300 plunge push-up bra was released.
1. A 3-part cup construction: This means, each cup is made from three separate pieces, providing a more natural silhouette.
2. This piece of lingerie has precision angled back and underwire cups: The design element which the key to Wonderbra’s unique, deep dramatic cleavage “Plunge-and-Push effect”.
3. This design has removable, contoured pads: The pads, called “cookies” provide maximum lift and volume for the breasts. With a contoured design, they can also be removed, providing the design capability to even out the shape of the bust line.
4. All important Back support: The design element of the back of the Wonderbra gives maximum uplift and control for the breasts; its original gateback and full power netting is critical as it keeps the bra cups in place and helps achieve maximum cleavage of the design.
5. Adjustable non-stretch straps: Convertible straps allow bra to be changed to halter top or low-back styling. This design element means the wonderbra design can be used for different purposes and able to be worn as slightly different lingerie looks.
Source: Marina Maher Communications Press Release 5/6/94.
Within these elements there are 54 design elements that make the Wonderbra what it is. From this piece of lingerie, bras and other styles of lingerie have been designed.
From re-marketing the Wonderbra for todays market, it was re-designed for re-introduction to the U.S. market in 1994. Which has now expanded from a push-up design to a full-range of lingerie fashion label, sold world wide.
This is particularly true now due to the revolution of internet shopping, online lingerie retail stores and advancements in ordering and world wide delivery.
If your country doesn’t have a certain design, either in stock or from the past, having access to online lingerie retail enables you to purchase these.
The Wonderbra revolutionized the way women looked at bras, not only that, but how they looked in them. The Wonderbra design keep up with the fashion of sexy lingerie today.